When a grand jury decided not to indict Deshaun Watson with any crime stemming from the 23 (now 24) lawsuits filed against him by multiple massage therapists, Watson felt like he could resume his NFL career. He was traded to the Cleveland Browns and got a $230 million fully guaranteed contract from the Cleveland Browns.
But since then, his legal situation seems to have gotten worse as a 24th lawsuit has been filed against Watson and now a damning report from the New York Times details more allegations against the star quarterback.
In a new piece written by Jenny Vrentas, it sheds new light on the Deshaun Watson legal situation including that “Watson received massages from at least 66 different women in a 17-month period”.
One unnamed physical therapist in the lengthy piece described how Watson got himself in the ‘happy baby yoga pose’ and demanded that she massage between his testicles and anus.
“This woman, who spoke on condition of anonymity to protect her privacy, said in an interview she began by working on Watson’s back. But when he flipped over, she said his demeanor and voice changed, and he began aggressively dictating where he wanted her to touch him. In their first session, she said he got into the happy baby yoga pose — on his back with his feet in his hands — and asked her to massage between his testicles and anus. She laughed off the request but said he grabbed her wrist and put her hand there.
The woman said Watson twice initiated sexual intercourse, once by pulling down the scrubs she was wearing. She and Watson knew each other from around town and were on friendly terms, and she admitted she let him proceed with these sexual acts. “I just didn’t know how to tell him no,” she said.”
Another woman told The Times that he was persistent in his requests for sexual acts during their massage, including “begging” her to put her mouth on his penis.
“I specifically had to say, ‘No, I can’t do that,’” said the woman, who spoke on condition of anonymity to protect her family’s privacy. “And that’s when I went into asking him, ‘What is it like being famous? Like, what’s going on? You’re about to mess up everything.’”
The New York Times also broke down the women in the number 66 that they had given:
- The 24 who have sued him, including two who filed suits within the last week. In the most recent suit, the woman said Watson masturbated during the massage.
- A woman who sued but then withdrew the complaint because of “privacy and security concerns.”
- Two women who filed criminal complaints against Watson but did not sue him.
- At least 15 therapists who issued statements of support for Watson at the request of his lawyers and gave him massages during that period.
- At least four therapists from Genuine Touch, the massage therapy group contracted with the Texans.
- Five women identified by the plaintiffs’ lawyers during the investigation for their civil suits.
- At least 15 other women whose appointments with Watson were confirmed through interviews and records reviewed by The Times.
The NFL has yet to bring down the punishment for Watson for the upcoming season, and at this point, they may be forced to sit him for the entire year.